Bookworm





In a conversation about books that came in the course of a service shift, the colleague was surprised when I said that I had already read Shakespeare by the age of 8 (and could have added the Greek classics, Dumas, Tolstoy, Bocaccio, Vitor Hugo, Molière, and so many others)…

It is true that these early reading habits deepened my difficulty of integration and did not earn me a friend, but reading and learning is something that is as natural to me as breathing or feeding ...

I bought the school books in September, read them, and then the classes were absolutely frustrating because they were slow and just echoed things I already knew ...

In fact I never created study habits, not even in university (I did the degree justing taking a quick look through the books on the eve of the exams, and only in macroeconomics did I have to study because equations is not with my land and I had to finish my undergraduate degree with only 60 of the 100 points because the rest were equations) ...

I ended up gathering a small library from which I donated 2300 volumes last year to the Library of the Grouping of Schools Fernão do Po (Bombarral) and I was still with about 200 ...

My only real dream was to have a family, but in a small section of that dream I contemplated a house with room for a real library ...

Em conversa sobre livros que surgiu no decurso de uma deslocação de serviço, ficou a colega surpreendida quando eu disse que aos 8 anos já tinha lido Shakespeare (e podia ter acrescentado os clássicos gregos, Dumas, Tolstoi, Bocaccio, Vitor Hugo, Moliére e tantos outros)…
É verdade que esses hábitos de leitura precoces aprofundaram a minha dificuldade de integração e não me valeram nem um amigo, mas ler e aprender é algo que me é tão natural como respirar ou alimentar-me…
Eu comprava os livros de escola em Setembro, lia-os e depois as aulas eram absolutamente frustrantes por lentas e se limitarem a fazer eco de coisas que eu sabia…
Aliás nunca criei hábitos de estudo, nem sequer na universidade (fiz a licenciatura a passar os olhos pelos livros no serão da véspera dos exames, e só em macroeconomia é que tive de estudar pois equações não é comigo e tinha de acabar a licenciatura com apenas 60 dos 100 pontos pois o resto era equações)…
Acabei por reunir uma pequena biblioteca da qual doei o ano passado 2300 volumes à biblioteca do Agrupamento de Escolas Fernão do Pó (Bombarral) e fiquei ainda com cerca de 200…
O meu único sonho de verdade era ter uma família, mas numa pequena secção desse sonho contemplava uma casa com espaço para uma biblioteca de verdade…


Comentários